/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Highlight: My Friend Layds

I just checked out of curiousity what a real designer's portfolio should look like and baboom http://www.ladykrystle.com/ the lady is my friend back in college and incidentally her name really is Lady.

She studied for two years in New York at Parsons New School for Design, which caters to those who don't favor the Old School.

I can honestly and with envy, say these are promising and she really has a knack for it. I would want to wait for the day she would become an underground celebrity like Konstantin Gayday or Akira Isogawa (which I found out are actually fashion designers and that I don't really know crap about famous movers in graphic design and that I just got them from the background that I have in iGoogle.) I'm also thinking of this Spanish graphic designer dude who makes prints for notebooks and pencil cases.

I've been Googling in vain for 2 hours so I'll just leave at that. Yeah, I'll wait until LKT is an underground sensation so I can be a dick about how I was so into her designs before they became mainstream.

Guys check out my new halloween costume.

I'm posting my favorite here (screen captured without permission, sorry). See that's her (or someone she had to eventually treat to burgers) behind the poster. Great huh? Yeah, that's LKT for you.

Maron out.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger layds said...

Whoa! Haha, wasn't expecting to see this when I came to check your blog! Wehehehe, wow, thanks! Touch naman ako wahahaha!

2:35 AM  
Blogger layds said...

By the way, I think you were thinking of Jordi Labanda? Or am I wrong? :D

2:36 AM  
Blogger Maron said...

Jordi Labanda!!! that's it! hahaha

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home