/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I'm A-Slain For You

I went to Chapter A's youth camp in Metrocor Village. But after two especially boisterous camps, the neighbors reported us to the barangay. As such, we only had until 10:30pm to wrap up the day's activities, and that called for an earlier than usual empowerment.

Empowerment is done by the service team every youth camp to worship God and to pray for the upcoming baptism of the participants. This was my third time this camp season so needless to say, I am more or less used to the feeling of receiving the Holy Spirit. Yet despite that, I found myself being distracted even with my eyes closed. I was there for service and worship but things kept popping out of nowhere that I struggled throughout the start of the session.

Kuya Pao's hand reached me and I moved forward to give the guy a hug. Instead, I fell to the floor. It was my first experience of being slain. I didn't know what to do next so I just lied there. I honestly felt a little silly but I was worshipping God so nothing's too embarrassing, I thought.

I stood up when the rain became too strong to bear. Everyone in the immediate vicinity gave me a pat on the back as if to say, "That's good. It's not everyday your inner demons get slain."


. . .

Slain is a technical term we use in YFC service. It happens during worship and pray overs and it means that God's spirit is so intense that it has vanquished your inner demon. It is like an exorcism, only gentler. When this happens, the person crashes to the ground. If they're lucky, someone would catch them. I was lucky, and honestly, I felt much better after that. There was this peace of mind that only comes after a good night's sleep. Now that's intense.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Haha. Enjoy yung empowerment. First time ko nag worship under the rain, and that felt good.

In fairness, it's kind of true when they said na di mo mafifeel yung pain pag naslain ka. I do remember my knees hitting the floor nung naslain ako, Pero diko nafeel.. Or parang ganun. Hehe. Pero when I stood up again, I was still shaking. Maybe that explains it. Haha.

Shucks. Super enjoy kayo kasama. Kamiss kayo agad. Kitakits ulet tayo sa next activity ng YFC. Hehe. God bless pare.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Maron said...

onga, wala akong naramdaman kasi sinalo ako ni kuya pao :D haha mega camp na to!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home