/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Killed... Singlish

The manager painted a picture of stress.

"This is you... *somewhere in the middle of a disorganized, multitasking mess where resources are hard to come by and travel to obscure unruly places via a small turbulent company plane is common*..."

I almost died. But no, this is me and this is the situation presented, YET AGAIN.

Time to give my so-called skills a run for its money.

I think I killed in that interview, otherwise it wouldn't have taken that long, or so the HR dude claimed.

However what I liked best was this exchange:

Manager: "We support several mules."
Me: "Mules?"
Manager: "Yes paper mules, 14 of them, mostly in Indonesia. We have one in Brazil."
Me: "Oh you mean mills."
Manager: "Yes, mules."

I love Singlish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home