/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Weirdmanila In The Works

I found my love for illustrating again. I'm actually fleshing out the concepts, enumerating the jokes, plotting down the major story arc and beginning character development. I want this to be a forward-looking webcomic since in a few years I'll be studying illustration and creative writing.

I placed three key aspects: (1) developing complex character-driven story arc with an esoteric setting, (2) the psychological/reflective aspects by having moments of sarcastic introspection by each character, (3) the all-important comedic part. Somehow I name all three aspects by how I was inspired by them: Eva-ish, xkcd-ish, and Kiko Machine-ish.

And I'm still thinking about whether I should give my character names or just have them develop by their actions and thoughts. I plan to make them real complex, somehow resembling real-life people who you can neither truly hate, love or grasp. They would have these absurd backstories that would all somehow make sense in the end. I'll post scanned sketches here within the week.

That's all, hope this creative streak doesn't break.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home