/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Monday, June 5, 2006

Darasa and Dallas

I woke up early yesterday to greet papa on his birthday. We just came from Darasa in Tanauan, Batangas last night. The pool was huge but it was crawling with bugs. They invited better guests like bats and bigger bugs. If frogs had a heaven, I bet it would look like that.

I didn't notice the bug soup at first. It was dark. I dived in headfirst and I believe I just gave out the gayest scream when I resurfaced. Everyone else was laughing their heads off. The bastards didn't even warn me.

. . .

Papa said that Miami just beat the crap out of the Pistons. My NBA finals scenario was materializing. All that's left is for Phoenix to win in 7. I turned on the TV just in time to see Phoenix leading at the half. I texted Rickett about the fate of his beloved Pistons. He didn't reply. I bet he was waiting for Dallas to come back into the game. And that they did. The Mavs took control after Diaw and Barbosa's foul troubles and never looked back since. Nash's MVP season came to an abrupt end. And sure as sunrise, Rickett had his reply. "Tsong, baka yung sinasabi mong Miami-Phoenix next season pa kasi OUT na yung suns e. Hahaha. Spoke too soon, boy." Karma runs fast on a Sunday.

The Miami Heat will go against the Dallas Mavericks starting June 8. Solar will be holding a viewing party for one of their games at the Red Kimono, the Fort near Prince of Jaipur, or Jaips as we party people like to call it. I think that will be 8am on June 16. Magic words: FREE Japanese FOOD. If you're not doing anything important, you might as well drop by for some sushi because the finals suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home