/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The iAC Tour

Is it just me or is the Ateneo progressively letting in more freshmen? I'm not sure by this year's count but judging from the 50 to 60 blocks that passed through iAC's booth, we are looking forward to a crowded year. I was thinking about where to put all these people when classes start. They will probably be stuffed in the caf, which has at least improved. The library's status is questionable since I'm betting there will also be a lot of nerds coming in. Lele had to deal with one of them. He was small-talking some freshman about the iAC, when he snapped, "Pinipili mo dapat 'yung kausap mo. Hanapin mo 'yung athletic kasi wala talaga akong hilig sa sports." Talk about an attitude problem.

The new MVP Center looks promising, but I don't think I'll enjoy hanging out there. Long story. The only promising new venue will be our newly-acquired SEC B Foyer bench and the iAC's office, overlooking the pool! This I will enjoy.

Think of all the freshmen who will be in permanent limbo. I heard one notable group last year. They were blocking the catwalk and I was unfortunate enough to hear their conversation. One guy asked, "Tsong, ano kakainin mo?" Now that's a dilemma. What to eat? The whole world is in suspense, my freshman friend. When you don't know what to eat, staying in the f*cking middle of a busy walkway will help.

. . .

I still envy them. They have this whole college thing laid out before them, fresh and unspoiled. I have exhausted my stay and I sometimes catch myself thinking about starting over.

But on the bright side, someone greeted me today. She greeted me first. "Uy Maron, andito ka pala." It was music to my ears. She knew my name! I wasn't expecting that at all. Too bad, I'm not Chinese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home