/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Friday, August 11, 2006

It Keeps Coming

My recent string of bad luck reached a high note tonight. We were in Jollibee and I was drinking my Coke when Non said, "Punas-punasan mo nga muna 'yang mukha mo, Muri. Puro manok." I laughed at Muri's dirty face in mid-drink. I was trying not to spill the Coke in my mouth so I held it in. It went through my nose instead. It got into my lungs too. It would have been funnier for me if it didn't burn like acid. Non barely finished eating his Chickenjoy because he was laughing every time I tried to cough to get the Coke out of my lungs. And for what? Just because I wanted to laugh at Muri's dirty face. Talk about situational irony.

When I got home, I found my P500 in my other pants. By the way, I recently have this problem of finding ants in my pants but that's another story. So anyway, I was glad to know that I didn't lose my 500 pesos after all. So I went to get my laptop to watch the Star Wars Clone Wars video I've recently downloaded. I sat down and placed the laptop on my foldable table. All of a sudden, the table's legs buckled and the tabletop fell on my feet, along with my laptop. I was worried about the laptop so I didn't feel the pain right away. When I made sure that nothing's broke, that's when I felt it. Putik, this day just keeps getting better.

Moral of the story
  1. Don't laugh at others because they will end up laughing at you.
  2. When placing delicate items on a foldable table, make sure that the legs are securely locked in place.
  3. Liquids were never meant to pass through any of our respiratory tracts.
  4. Put your money where your wallet is.
  5. Keep your feet away from items that could fall on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home