/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

SNL and the D&D Parodies

As far as parodies go, I'll give SNL the award. They deserve it. And if you don't believe me, try watching this certain parody on 90's RnB music videos ^_^

* * *

In the order of geek heirarchy, many would contest that comic geeks are above Dungeons and Dragons geeks. Others can't tell the difference though. While many would say, "Geeks, shmeeks." I strongly hold that the least of the geeks should be (drumroll please) the Trekkie. @_@

I haven't seen a Filipino Trekkie and I really don't plan on meeting one soon, but I've met with comic geeks (particularly in comic class, doi) and D&D geeks, that's me and my neighbors. Yes, and although I'm sorry now for having spent my early allowance on monster manuals, which we used to photocopy and 20-sided dice, I can say that the experience was, well, enriching. ^_^


Now, whenever comic geeks start making fun of D&D geeks, you know something's amiss in the natural order of geekdom. @_@ But JV pointed out this site and I found it, much to my amazement, a complete and shameless attempt to poke fun at something that, when we come to think of it, really is a funny activity. Now, although I know a lot of laypeople would struggle in responding to the humor of the strips, any kindred spirits versed in RPGs is free to check out Rich Burlew's Order of the Stick.

He should pay me for this. ^_^

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home