/* ------------------------------------------------ CSS Style borrowed from Minima by Douglas Bowman ------------------------------------------------ */

Google

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

This Year's the Year

You heard me, I'm making bold claims now. I resolved that one too. ^_^

I like New Year for a lot of things: 1) fireworks, 2) buena noche, 3) a valid and sellout reason to text people and make sure that they didn't delete you from their address books. But most importantly, I like New Year because it's the only time seers and fortune tellers get a killing. People are always filled with this hope that somehow, in some way, this year will be better than the last. I sometimes even get to thinking how, sans the gifts of course, New Year is celebrated in a more glorious and emphatic way - people making noise, jumping in the hopes of growing taller (I know I do), stuffing their pockets with coins, and so forth.

But not all people celebrate New Year. I heard in France, there's this group that protests the celebration of New Year because of "Man's obsession with the future." They said that important thing is the now. When 2007 finally struck, they dispersed and vowed to return on the same date prior to 2008. Wow. Now that's a worthy cause. @_@

I also find delight in the fact that since 2005, Star Movies made it a point to premiere Star Wars every January 31. Well, this time around it was episode 3, and unbeknownst to many, true blue Star Wars fans thought this to be far too cheesy (but not as cheesy as episode 2, *barf* and *spit*). They just couldn't handle the fact that Darth Vader became Darth Vader because of well, a twisted obsession to keep Padme alive. I couldn't blame Anakin of course, Padme is hot. ^_^

But also unbeknownst to many, episode 3 has this in its script and I swear I almost lost my buena noche after hearing it.

On a balcony overseeing the Coruscant skyline, Padme looks around, Anakin is staring at her.

Anakin: You are so beautiful.

Padme: That's because I'm so in love.

Anakin: No. No, that's because I'm so in love with you.

Padme: So you mean love has blinded you? Both smile.

At this point I was looking to call it quits and switch to Discovery Channel or whatnot but I found myself stuck. I just never thought George Lucas had it in him to write these things. >_<

* * *

And so we get to the conclusion of this entry: the Mandatory New Year's Resolution List (Everyone has them, why can't I?) ^_^
  1. Be punctual.
  2. Be sensitive.
  3. Be 142 pounds by beach season.
  4. Be taller. Please.
  5. Be studious.
Well, I guess that's all. I would've written "Be not single" but I don't think that's a good resolution. Besides, I'm almost 21, what's wrong with being single since birth? Don't answer that. >_<

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Maron said...

they have spam comments now??? m*therf#cker..

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home